UK Health Services
Table of Contents
A. Express Scripts Pharmacy Benefit Manager
1. Prescription Benefit - Copay Counseling
B. Employee Benefits
C. Health & Wellness Program
1. Program Mission
2. Health Awareness
4. Eating Well
5. BeH.I.P. (Health Improvement Program)
6. Healthtrac Rewards
7. Health Literacy 101
8. Weight Loss Matters
9. Personalized Consults
D. Outpatient Pharmacies
All UK health plan members share the same prescription benefit. Enrollment in the prescription plan is automatic with your enrollment in any of the UK health plans. This benefit is administered directly by Express Scripts and not through your medical plan. Members are issued a prescription benefit card separate from their health plan card and will typically not receive a new prescription benefit card every year. Once issued, the original prescription benefit card will work in subsequent plan years. To order a replacement ID card, contact the Employee Benefits Office at (859) 257-9519 and select option 3.
Express Scripts is the pharmacy benefit manager that provides 24-hour customer service, web-based drug information, and an integrated mail service pharmacy. This is a single point of contact for all your prescription benefit needs. You will pay a percent coinsurance for your prescriptions, with a minimum and maximum copayment. To see co-pay structure, click here.
For Help with Your Medicines our UK pharmacists can help you:
Contact our UK pharmacist team at (859) 323-1493 for the following:
- find participating pharmacies (pharmacy locator)
- determine whether a particular drug is preferred or non-preferred (searchable formulary and alternatives)
- understand copay or coinsurance amounts you are required to pay (price check)
- learn about health news, personalized drug information, drug interactions, conditions and treatments, Senior Corner, drug comparisons
- obtain information on step therapy
- get information on home delivery
- prescription benefit details
For specific questions about your prescription benefit coverage, you may also contact the Express Scripts Customer Service Call Center (available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year) at (877) 242-1864, hearing impaired (800) 899-2114, or to visit the Express Scripts Web site click here.
To view the UK Prescription Formulary click here
Any UK Health Plan member may phone or e-mail a UK pharmacist with questions or concerns regarding prescription and over-the-counter medications. You can also contact us for help in managing prescription drug costs.
To access prescription drug counseling services, phone (859) 323-1493, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call the UK Employee Benefits office if you are doing the following:
- checking on your eligibility to participate in a health plan
- find out if a plan is available to you
- change your address
- inquire about the Employee + Family with combined credit tier
- assist with problems obtaining your prescriptions
Employee Benefits is located at 115 Scovell Hall. You can contact them by calling (859) 257-9519 and choose option 3 from the menu. To visit their website for the most up to date benefit information click here.
The mission of the University of Kentucky Health & Wellness Program is to improve the health of the University community through education, individual empowerment and intervention.
In general, only University of Kentucky employees, retirees, spouses, and sponsored dependents are eligible to participate. Some programs more specific eligibility criteria. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact the UK Health & Wellness office at 257-9355.
UK Health & Wellness programs are part of your employee/retiree benefits. Many of our programs and services are free, and the rest are offered at a minimal charge. For example, participation in Body Shop Fitness costs only $7 per month. Plus, through the Healthtrac Rewards Program, UK employees, retirees and their spouses or sponsored dependents enrolled in a University health plan can EARN up to $180 per fiscal year by participating. Individual program fees vary and are subject to change. Please check the individual program for more information.
To visit the Health & Wellness website click here.
- Free Health Screenings - Wellness On Wheels is a FREE mobile health screening. Twenty-minute appointments are scheduled at variouls campus locations throughout the year. Appointments consist of tests for non-fasting cholesterol, glucose and triglycerides, height, weight, blood pressure, body fat percentage, and waist circumference.
- Stress Management - Stress is an unavoidable part of our lives and how we deal with it is an increasing important parto of our health care. UK Health & Wellness offers the benefits of therapeutic chair massage. We also hold an annual Wellness Conference focused on health and relaxation. Other stress management programming may be held throughout the year.
Join us at Body Shop Fitness! Let us help you unlock the secret to longevity and energy. We offer two well-equipped campus fitness centers and a variety of group exercise classes. Our highly qualified staff will work with you to develop personalized exercise goals and strategies. Affordable, convenient and effective - check out the Body Shop today!
For a complete schedule of classes and hours of operation, please call 257-9355 (WELL) or click here.
Our nutrition programs include:
- Our FREE Nutrition Consults offer you the expertise of our registered dietitians, who provide practical and up-to-date advice.
- Weight Loss Matters is a 10-week program that allows you to set your own goals, ten work toward meeting those goals with the help of our registered dieticitians.
- Health cooking classes and other special events are offered throughout the year.
The Behavioral Health Improvement Plan (BeH.I.P.) is a phone-based health coaching program that provides you with highly personalized, one-on-one phone coaching over 8-12 months, combined with award-winning health education materials to help guide long-lasting behavior change. BeH.I.P. is FREE for University of Kentucky employees, retirees, spouses, and sponsored dependents.
BeH.I.P. programs offered are:
- Weight Management
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Cholesterol Management
- Blood Pressure Management
- Back Care
Tobacco Cessation Coaching and NRT's
UK Health & Wellness offers FREE Tobacco Cessation Coaching via a cCertified Tobacco Treatment Specialist to help YOU successfully quit tobacco. Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to eligible participants enrolled in this program.
You will work with your coach to:
- Establish a support system for tobacco cessation, identify behaviors that inhibit tobacco cessation, and create a plan to quit.
- Get information and support on how to quit and stay quit.
- Get free nicotine replacement patches, gum, or lozenges.
- Explore options, including medications and behavior changes, and pick strategies that work for you!
What's the next step?
Click here to schedule an appointment with a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist.
Enrollment or questions:
Lexington: (859) 257-WELL (9355); Outside Lexington: 1-800-941-9804
For more information about the BeHIP Program, visit the website click here.
UK Healthtrac Rewards makes good health pay. It is an easy-to-use, online health improvement program that offers you an overview of your current health status and feedback specific to your health needs. UK Healthtrac Rewards is a partnership among your University Health Plans, UK Health & Wellness and StayWell Health Management, designed to help you become more aware of your health and involved in improving your overall health, while earning up to $180 per fiscal year for your participation.
Health Literacy 101 contains tools and resources to help you become a more informed consumer of your health benefits. The tools are designed to help you find a health plan that best suits your needs.
- Health Benefits 101: An introductory program designed to help you understand the major differences between health plans offered at UK.
- Decision Support Tool: Designed to help you compare health plans by creating an estimate of your total yearly out-of-pocket expenses. Building a health plan estimate will help you make a more financially informed decision about your health plan.
What is Weight Loss Matters?
Weight Loss Matters* is a 10-week weight-loss program that allows you to set your own goals, then work toward meeting those goals with the help of registered dietitians. Classes meet once a week (Click Here for days and times). The initial fee is $50, and participants can re-join subsequent sessions for free as long as they achieve half their weight-loss goal for each 10-week period.
Why join Weight Loss Matters?
- 79% of Weight Loss Matters participants who completed a 10-week cycle achieved their pre-determined weight loss goals.
- Average weight loss per 10-week cycle is 5.56 pounds per participant.
- Join so you can become one of our success stories!
What to expect from Weight Loss Matters:
- A weight loss program that teaches you how to eat, rather than how to diet
- A focus on long-term behavior change
- The expertise of registered dietitians
- Group support for your weight loss goals
- Weekly weigh-ins and educational seminars
- Ten-week cycles of classes, with new topics each cycle
- The option to continue every ten weeks for free as long as you make progress
- You setting your own weight loss goals (within reason!)
- A meal pattern calculated just for you (includes a daily calorie level and general outline for how many foods to eat from each food group)
What not to expect:
- A quick fix
- A rigid meal plan - you will have the flexibility to decide what specific foods to eat each day
- Daily menus that take the "guesswork" out of losing weight - you will decide when and what to eat throughout the day and adapt the meal pattern to your lifestyle
- "Off-limits" foods - this program allows you to "fit all foods"
For more information on Weight Loss Matters including classes and times click here.
UK Health & Wellness offers FREE consults for UK employees, retirees, and their spouses and sponsored dependents. Consults are private and personalized. We offer:
KY Clinic Pharmacy
KY Clinic Pharmacy is located on the 1st floor of the KY Clinic just inside the Limestone entrance. Their hours of operation are:
|Monday - Friday||7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||1:00 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
For more information on the pharmacy you may contact them at 323-5855 or to visit their website click here.
Chandler Retail Pharmacy
Located in the UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital Pavilion A, first floor, across from the Don & Mira Ball Surgery Waiting Area (Room A.01.113). The newest addition to the UK Pharmacy Services family, The Chandler Retail Pharmacy is a convenient option for patients, staff and the public visiting UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital. The pharmacy offers a full range of prescription medication services, over-the-counter medications and a variety of sundry convenience items.
|Monday - Friday||7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||1:00 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
For more information on the pharmacy you may contact them at 218-3340 or to visit their website click here.