May 11, 2012, Embassy Suites Hotel, Lexington, KY
Welcome to KSCHIRT
18th Annual Kentucky Spinal Cord and Head Injury Research Trust (KSCHIRT) Symposium hosted by the University of Kentucky Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center (SCoBIRC) on May 11, 2012 at the Embassy Suites Hotel, Lexington, KY. Download Registration Form
The Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington is situated on the University of Kentucky’s Coldstream Research Campus. Take Exit 115 on Interstates 75 and 64 (Newtown Pike). Parking is complimentary for guests of the hotel and located all around the hotel.
CALL FOR POSTERS
You are invited to display a poster for the Symposium. All posters require submission of a poster abstract. Posters will be displayed throughout the meeting and will be formally highlighted during the 2nd Break on Friday, May 11, 2012 (see Agenda for break times).
The number of posters is limited to 24. No abstracts will be accepted after the deadline March 23, 2012.
Instructions for Abstracts and Posters
A. Submission Requirements
1. Include the following identifying information: Contact person, title, organization, department, address, phone number, and email address.
2. Email poster abstract to Liz Jones at email@example.com
3. The abstracts should be in MS Word or a compatible format.
4. Abstracts should include title, authors, affiliations and a brief outline of the research method(s), summary of the results and a conclusion. References should be reserved for the full poster presentation.
5. Body of abstract should be limited to 250 words or less.
B. Deadlines & Poster Specifications
1. All abstracts must be received by Friday, March 23, 2012.
2. Poster presenters must register for attendance at the conference by Friday, March 23, 2012 to retain a presentation space.
3. Poster size must be limited to 4'x 6' or smaller.
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at The Embassy Suites Hotel, 1801 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY. To make a reservation, call the reservations department at 1-800-EMBASSY or go to the website for The Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington. Rates are $145 per night plus tax. To receive this conference rate, reservations must be made by Wednesday, April 11, 2012. Make sure to mention “SCoBIRC Symposium” when making your reservations to receive the conference rate.