WARNING: Some Web sites to which these materials
provide links for the convenience of users
are not managed by the University of Kentucky.
The University does not review, control, or
take responsibility for the contents of those
SCoBIRC is located within the University
of Kentucky College of Medicine and works
closely with Cardinal
Hill Rehabilitation Hospital.
Links to OTHER SITES
Associations, Foundations, and Societies
- National Neurotrauma
- American Association of Spinal
Cord Injury Nurses (AASCIN)
- American Association
of Spinal Cord Injury Psychologists and Social Workers (AASCIPSW)
- American Paraplegia
Spinal Injury Association
- Brain Injury Association of Kentucky (BIAK):
Our sole mission is to serve Kentucky citizens whose lives have been affected by brain injury. We do this through advocacy, education, prevention, research, service and support.
- The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation Paralysis Resource Center (PRC)
- Determined2heal Foundation:
A 501(c)3 nonprofit formed by Josh Basile after suffering a C4-C5 spinal cord injury. Determined2heal's website provides strategic information to help simplify the difficult transition families of newly injured patients face when
dealing with paralysis.
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC):
The mission of the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) is to serve active duty military, their dependents and veterans with traumatic brain injury (TBI) through state-of-the-art medical care, innovative clinical research initiatives and educational programs.
- Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association
- Friends for Michael, Inc.:
Friends For Michael, Inc. is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) volunteer based organization, located in Henry County, KY. We raise funds for spinal cord injury research, grants for SCI survivors, educational awareness & prevention, and college scholarships for local high school students.
- Foundation for Spinal Cord Injury
Prevention Care & Cure
- The Jockeys Guild
- Kent Waldrep National Paralysis
- Paralyzed Veterans Association (National)
- Paralyzed Veterans Association - Kentucky-Indiana Chapter
- Spinal Cord Injury Association of Kentucky (SCIAK):
The Spinal Cord Injury Association of Kentucky will network with state, federal, public and private agencies to raise awareness of people with spinal cord injuries and advocate for their needs.