CHS Physical Therapy
News and Upcoming Events
- UK's Physical Therapy Program and AHEC will be sponsoring the APTA Basic
Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program on Friday and Saturday, July 12-13,
2013. Click here
for more information
- Dr. Terry Malone and Dr. Brian Noehren received awards from the
Sports Physical Therapy Section of the APTA at the Combined Sections Meeting
in Chicago in February. Dr. Malone received the Lifetime Excellence in
Education Award and Dr. Noehren received an award for Excellence in
Research. Congratulations to both!
- Dr. Anne Harrison will be receiving the Dorothy Baethke-Eleanor J.
Carlin Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching from the American
Physical Therapy Association at the national Meeting in June.
Congratulations Dr. Harrison!!
- Dr. Charles Marshall has been selected as the recipient of the 2013
College of Health Sciences Kingston Award for Excellence in teaching.
Please congratulate Dr. Marshall!
- Sports Concussion Summit- Saturday May 18, 2013 at the Marriott
Griffin Gate Resort and Hotel, Lexington, KY. For more
- Dr. Scott Livingston's research on sport-related concussion has been
cited in the American Academy of Neurology's Evidence-Based
Guideline Update: Evaluation and Management of Concussions in
Sport. The ANN guideline was published in the March issue
of the journal Neurology. The clinical practice guideline
includes, in part, neuroimaging and electrophysiologic assessment as
tools used in concussion diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring. The
review panel cited Dr. Livingston's work using motor evoked potentials
to compare abnormalities in athletes who have concussion with athletes
who are not injured. The authors conclude that "When the reference
standard of clinical diagnosis of concussion is used, specialized (neuro)imaging
and electrophysiologic techniques are useful in identifying athletes