RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR USE AT THE CATS TRAINING CENTER
- Ten skill stations comprised of a trainer box, laparoscope support arm, 1088 3 chip camera, 30 degree 10 mm laparoscope, fiber-optic light source, high-resolution flat-panel monitor, and and DVD player.
- Rapid setup modules for all basic skills sets.
- Two copies of skills models to support each required laparoscopic exercise.
- A full array of laparoscopic instruments including Maryland dissectors, laparoscopic scissors, graspers, clip appliers, staplers, and needle drivers.
- A procedure viewing station where narrated DVDs of earlier procedures can be watched. There are several versions of all the more common laparoscopic operations as well as several DVDs of advance procedures.
- Four Dell multimedia PCs and 1 Mac G5 with a 19 in. (23 in. diagonal) flat-panel monitor.
- Windows video production editing suite featuring Pinnacle studio software.
- Macintosh video and DVD production and editing suite featuring Imovie and IDVD.
- Sound dubbing and narration studio for both platforms.
- CVAS (computerized volumetric analysis system) station where target structures visualized on CTs can be converted to 3-D models in minutes and prepared for publication quality graphics with labels and dimensions included.
- Full-color graphics and text scanner. The station also includes OCR (optical character recognition) software compatible with Microsoft Word.
- Three Dell laptops, one high eight camcorder, and a digital video camcorder available for check out for short-term use.
- Narrated Teaching Case Library comprising more than 60 procedures.