National recognition as a leading applied injury research center.
To reduce the rate of injuries and related death and disability.
Goal: To increase knowledge and awareness of the injury problem in Kentucky and to impart skills and strategies to reduce this problem.
- Data Dissemination.
- Injury Prevention Courses.
- Working relationships with new groups.
- Collaborative grant proposals.
- Peer-reviewed publications.
- College of Public Health course and curriculum development.
- Student involvement.
- Continuing education.
Goal: To increase KIPRC’s recognition and visibility as an injury prevention leader.
- Market name awareness and content.
- Publicize accomplishments.
- Expand network.
Goal: To establish and maintain effective leadership and process.
- Increase staff support.
- Increase stable funding.
- Continuous quality improvement.
Goal: To impact injury legislation.
- Stabilize funding.
- Support mandatory data reporting.
- Support booster seat legislation.
- Modify existing graduated driver’s licensing.
- Support primary enforcement of seat belt use.
Goal: To increase the quality and quantity of KIPRC research.
- Expand funding.
- Publish peer-reviewed articles and present findings at professional conferences.
- Attract, develop and retain high quality researchers.