100 Sower Blvd., Frankfort, KY 40361
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
12:00 PM – 4:00 PM / Press Room
Ray HillJohn Williams, Larry Davis, Jim Cecil, Rodger Amon, Phyllis Bryden, Richard Wilson, Debra Anderson, Robin Vanderpool, VivEllen Chesser, Dudley Conner, Nancy Crewe, David Dunn, Sarah Wilding, Georgia Heise, Elizabeth Totah
Shawn Crabtree, William Pfeifle, Eula Spears, Renee Blair, Marilyn Gardner, Scott Lockhard, Charles Ross, Melinda Rowe, Vickie Sanchez
Ray Hill opened by welcoming everyone to the meeting. The following handouts were distributed: Agenda, Review of By-Laws Assignments, and Undergraduate Core Course Public Health Administration & Epidemiology Course Description
REVIEW OF FIVE COURSES
- Discussed whether all the courses will be ready to be taught for the Fall 2008. Everyone agreed to hold off until Spring 2009. Will need to determine how many people would attend. Sarah will start spreading the word around at the Nurse Meeting which will be held on October 16th.
- Courses have been agreed to be scheduled four times a month. Once a month will be in person/video interactive and the other three will be online training with homework assignments.
- When registering for the courses, will need to determine whether once applied, can students pay application fee one time or do they have to register separately for each University. Trying to make this easier for them.
- Need to determine the standardization of the courses.
- Will have five courses, now will possibly have a sixth course of Public Health 101. If adding this course, suggestion is to go through Carolina for this course.
- If Blackboard will be in use, there is a tutorial of this on TRAIN.
REVIEW OF BY-LAWS
Nothing has been completed on the below eight topics. Ray suggested let’s get started on all of this. The first name on each group will head that section.
- What does a certificate look like? Requirements, university buy-in, (Ray Hill, William Pfeifle, David Dunn, Debra Anderson, Vickie Sanchez, Marilyn Gardner, Ruth Carrico, Robin Vanderpool).
- Increase Awareness among key player KPHA,KHDA,judges,ect. (Scott Lockard, Georgia Heise, Dudley Conner, Melinda Rowe, Garland VanZant).
- Offer one of the five courses- college credit preview of intro to public health101)-CEU.train System (VivEllen Chesser , Ray Hill, Larry Davis, William Pfeifle, Ruth Carrico, David Dunn, Marilyn Gardner, Vickie Sanchez, John Williams).
- Merit System- Local & State (Sarah Wilding, Georgia Heise).
- Funding (Ray Hill, Ruth Carrico, Melinda Rowe).
- Legislative session initiative (Larry Davis, Garland VanZant, Dudley Conner, Scott Larkard, Georgia Heise, Renee Blair).
- Continuing Education & needs Assessment (Eula Spears, John C. Williams, VivEllen Chesser, Debra Anderson, William Pfeifle, Nancy Crewe, Robin Vanderpool).
- Marketing & branding (Eula Spears, William Pfeifle, Nancy Crewe).
Retreat for KHDA is scheduled on September 24, 25 and 26. Will find out if this committee can be added to the September 26th agenda.
Next meeting will be held as an Interactive Video Conference on Wednesday, August 13th at 9:00 AM EST. Each University (EUK, WUK and UL) and other locations will need their tech support to contact UK’s tech support, Kevin Cornelison / 859.257.8272 ext. 247 to have the Interactive Video process set up.