College of Health Sciences
Human Health Sciences
Every student has individual needs both academically and non-academically. For this reason as well as our challenging curriculum, The Human Health Sciences program features high touch advising. Each student is expected to schedule three (3) advising appointments per semester with their academic advisor (scheduling instructions found below as well as a suggested advising timeline).
For Current HHS Students
1. Sign into myUK
2. Click on the Student Services tab
3. Click on the myInfo page
4. Click on the myAppointments link (the Student Scheduler Home page will load)
5. Under Advising Departments, select Health Sciences
6. Select General Advising under the available appointment categories
7. Click on a day on the calendar (these appear in blue) and then mouse over appointment blocks to select a desired appointment time
8. Please wait until the appointment window has finished processing and the confirmation message is displayed
9. The appointment block will now display with a grey background color – this indicates that the appointment has been scheduled (do not click on the red delete button that is displayed unless you wish to cancel your appointment)
10. You will receive a confirmation email.
All advising appointments take place in CTW 111 unless specified otherwise.
Fall 2014 Advising Timeline of Events
For a more thorough timeline of academic events, please consult with the
Academic Calendar. Beyond this timeline, an advisor can
always be available as other needs arise. A student should feel
comfortable scheduling appointments beyond the suggested timeline if the
need arises. If urgent needs arise, students may, of course
call or email their advisor for more expedited attention.
Open Office Hours (New for Fall 2014)
In an effort to be more accessible to students with immediate needs, your academic advisor has created “Open Office Hours” to accommodate walk-in traffic for HHS students exclusively that have time sensitive advising needs. While hours may vary throughout the term, the following represents the usual arrangement:
Mondays: 8:30am – 9:30am
Tuesdays: 1:30pm – 2:30pm
Wednesday: 11am – 12pm
Thursdays: 4pm – 5pm
Fridays (ONLY during Priority Registration): 8:30am – 9:30am
Any cancellation of Open Office Hours or modification shall be communicated to HHS students via email with as much notice as possible. These walk-in opportunities shall be arranged into four 15-minute slots per hour and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. In your email, please include the following information:
- Track of interest
- UK Student ID number
- Windows of free time (meetings are generally 30 minutes in length)
For high school or transfer students interest in the program
High school student should first contact the UK Visitor Center. The staff of the VC shall work to coordinate your intentional visit at UK. Please mention your interest in the Human Health Sciences program so that you can be paired with a knowledgeable advisor/recruiter.
Transfer students may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment. Windows of free time should be included as well as any transcripts of college course work attached (unofficial is sufficient).
College of Health Sciences