Benefits We Offer
Residents have the opportunity to obtain membership at Bernard Johnson Student Recreation Center, where you can work out on the latest fitness equipment, swim in the Olympic-style pool, play raquet ball on one of the four racquet ball courts, or take a climb on the 30-foot rock climbing wall.
Graduate Medical Education Stipends
- Health Insurance - UK credit for plan and coverage level chosen (see web site for health plan options: http://www.uky.edu/HR/benefits/ for health insurance rates.)
- Disability insurance after twelve months of employment
- Life Insurance
- One times stipend coverage at no cost.
- Optional coverage up to five times stipend.
- First year = two weeks
- Second year and above = three weeks
- Eight holidays and four holiday bonus days
- Non cumulative five personal days each year
- *In accordance with University policy or in compliance with ABFM requirements.
- Kentucky dental/medical licensure
Dental - Original cost plus yearly renewal
- Medical - Original cost for Residency Training (R) or Institutional Practice (IP)
- License plus yearly renewal
- Membership in American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and Kentucky Academy of Family Physicians (KAFP)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) recertification, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Certification (NRP)
- Continuing medical education allowance
- Staff/student ID and activities cards are available for purchase
- Athletic activity card for significantly discounted tickets to UK athletic events
- Free and discounted tickets to University cultural events
- Discounts on books and computer equipment via UK stores
- Parking permit for "E" parking areas
- $ put into account for in-house call meals
- Three lab coats per year
- Individual beeper
Residents are not eligible for the University's retirement plan (matching contribution); however, residents may contribute to the voluntary retirement plan.