AHA's Heart Walk - April 22, 2006
See photos of the Day!
GHI Team Goal is $100,000!
This year we have set a team goal of $100,000. An ambitious goal is important this year, given the decrease in the NIH budget and the eradication of many AHA fund-raising events due to the hurricane devastation in the south. This amount is about 6% of the research funding UK receives each year from the AHA. We hope to count on you as a part of the team raising contributions in the name of the Gill Heart Institute for the American Heart Association.
- Online registration for the Gill Heart Institute Teams This year the GHI team structure will be comprised of groups/teams throughout the University of Kentucky, from the medical center to campus, involving students, staff and faculty. (Click here for a "How To" powerpoint!)
- AHA's Heart Walk announcement
- Heart Walk fundraising envelopes DUE, Tuesday April 18th. Jessica Ragland, CTW Building, Room 521.
- All walkers that raise at least $50 will receive a team GHI t-shirt to wear at the Heart Walk.
- Gill Heart Institute picnic after the walk - RSVP to Donna Gilbreath 3-8652.
Go Red for Women! Thanks for participating! The CVRC team raised over $1,000 for Go Red!
April 18th - Tuesday: Bank Night! Fifth
Third Bank, 2295 Nicholasville Rd.
-Team Captains collect walker sponsorships envelopes. Turn them in to Jessica Ragland or deliver them to Fifth Third from 4:30pm to 7pm.
-9:00 am Heart Walk Activities begin
-10:00 am Walk begins
-11:00 am GHI picnic after the walk