Visit the NEW CoM Homepage |  University of Kentucky |  UK HealthCare |  Give to Medicine |  Diversity  
UK College of Medicine logo Link to the College of Medicine web site
  • ed3
  • rs2
  • cs2
  • ad3

Internal Medicine - Allergy

Internal Medicine

Allergy and Immunology


What is a Board Certified Allergist/Immunologist?

A Board Certified Allergist/Immunologist, is a physician trained in the sub-specialty of Allergy and Immunology. The physician must successfully complete a 3-year residency in the specialty of Internal Medicine or Pediatrics prior to entering the Allergy/Immunology fellowship.

During the Allergy/Immunology fellowship, the physician is trained in treating all age groups of patients with allergic and immunologic disease. After the physician adequately completes 2 to 3 years of training, and has been Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics, the physician is then eligible to take the board examination in Allergy and Immunology. Once the physician successfully completes the board examination, the physician is deemed Board Certified. The American Board of Allergy and Immunology, is recognized by both the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Pediatrics.

Comments and Corrections |  An Equal Opportunity University |  Jobs  |  Terms, Conditions and Accessibility Statements   |  Privacy
© 2012, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 138 Leader Ave., Lexington, Kentucky, USA 40506-9983
Student Affairs: (859) 323-5261 · Admissions: (859) 323-6161 · Clinical Questions: (859) 257-1000 · Dean's Office: (859) 323-6582
Page last updated Tuesday, January 26, 2010