OLLI Member Handbook
The OLLI at UK, Lexington Advisory Board and OLLI Administration have worked together to create a handbook that will provide information regarding our program, policies and the many opportunities available to our members. As we continue to grow in scope, content, and membership, the Member Handbook will be updated as needed. The most up-to-date version will always be posted on the OLLI at UK, Lexington webpage.
Registration is by mail only
(except Open House) first come, first served.
Registration forms have complete information on registration procedures, updates and other information that is helpful for you to know. Registration is by mail only (except Open House) on a first come basis. The only exception is at Open Houses held in August & January. Complete registration form & mail the form with your membership fee & applicable course fees to :
OLLI at UK in Lexington
UK Ligon House, 658 South Limestone
Lexington, KY 40506-0442
Any questions contact Teresa.Hager@uky.edu or call toll free (866) 602-5862.
Refunds will be given only if classes are already filled or OLLI at UK cancels the class. Wait lists are kept for each course. If on the wait list and end up not being able to get into a class, we will refund individual course fees. Refunds are not available for students who registered for classes, but were unable to attend. Membership fees are non-refundable.
*New Inclement Weather Policy: When Fayette Co. Public Schools (FCPS) are closeddue to inclement weather, OLLI at UK in Lex. classes will be cancelled. Watch local media for announcements.
- If FCPS let out during the day, any OLLI classes scheduled from that point on will be cancelled.
- **New: If there is a FCPS delay, OLLI classes will continue as normal.
- **Note: Before you head out in inclement weather, please check your email, there have been times when individual classes have had to cancel .
As always, we expect everyone will use their own judgment when determining whether traveling is a safe choice. Please travel with care!
OLLI at UK in Lexington Contacts Information:
OLLI at UK
University of Kentucky
658 South Limestone
Lexington, KY 40506-0442Outside
Lexington Toll Free: 866-602-5862
Phone in Lexington: 859-257-2658
OLLI National Resource Center Click Here
Osher Foundation Click Here
Spring Registration Materials (Click Here)
Spring Reg Form & Risk Release Only (Click Here)
Celebrating Fifty Years of Lifelong Learning at UK
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Paul Laurence Dunbar High School
1600 Man 0' War Boulevard, Lexington KY
Join us for an afternoon discovering the history of lifelong learning with exhibits, special presentations and performances featuring our OLLI Chorus, Dulcimers, Actors & Artists.
The public is invited and encouraged to attend. For more information contact the OLLI office at (859) 257-2656 or toll free (866) 602-5862
Spring 2014 Courses, Events, Shared Interest Groups
- Computer & Technology-Digital Photography
- Culture –The Art and Science of English Change Ringing,Hinduism-Religion or Philosophy? Chinese Language & Calligraphy and many more!
- History & Government –Kentucky and the Civil War, Explore the Earliest Days of Colonial America, Defense Trends & Surprising Africa
- Languages - American Sign Language or Spanish
- Performing Arts - Actors Theatre-Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre and Kentucky Voices, Mountain Dulcimer, OLLI Chorus
- Science and Environment-Part Two: Humanity & Spaceship Earth
- Shared Interest Groups
- Community Engagement
- Visual Arts – Oil Painting, Drawing, Watercolor Painting and many more!
- UK Wellness Opportunities for OLLI Scholars
UK Wellness Opportunities for OLLI Scholars
Risk Release must be completed prior to participation for each below. For the risk release form click here.
- OLLI Fitness
- Line Dancing
- Hatha Yoga Practice
- Living in the Moment
What is an OLLI Shared Interest Group?
A Shared Interest Group is a group of OLLI Members who have a common interest. Shared interest Groups (SIG) get together at a location of their choosing on their own schedule, determine their own content and events, set their own directions, and exist as long as there is interest. Learning can be formal or informal and flexible, including meeting to share experiences. At this time we have 4 interest groups being started. Sign up for those that interest you, information on the first meeting will follow. (Persons must be a current OLLI member to participate, there are no additional fees for SIGs)
- Participation on Committees - Curriculum, Development, Forum, Promotion, Reception & Welcome, Social
- Class Assistant - take roll, assist with handouts, call students, act as liaison, etc.
- Facilitator - lead discussions, may/may not have set content.
- Instructor - teach a course.
Leadership and volunteer roles are flexible. Please contact Diana S. Lockridge