Registration is by mail only
(except Open House)
first come, first served.
Registration forms have complete information on registration procedures, updates and other information that is helpful for you to know. Registration is by mail only (except Open House) on a first come basis. The only exception is at Open Houses held in August & January. Complete registration form & mail the form with your membership fee & applicable course fees to :
OLLI at UK in Lexington
UK Ligon House, 658 South Limestone
Lexington, KY 40506-0442
Any questions contact Teresa.Hager@uky.edu or call toll free (866) 602-5862.
Refunds will be given only if classes are already filled or OLLI at UK cancels the class. Wait lists are kept for each course. If on the wait list and end up not being able to get into a class, we will refund individual course fees. Refunds are not available for students who registered for classes, but were unable to attend. Membership fees are non-refundable.
*New Inclement Weather Policy: When Fayette Co. Public Schools (FCPS) are closeddue to inclement weather, OLLI at UK in Lex. classes will be cancelled. Watch local media for announcements.
- If FCPS let out during the day, any OLLI classes scheduled from that point on will be cancelled.
- **New: If there is a FCPS delay, OLLI classes will continue as normal.
- **Note: Before you head out in inclement weather, please check your email, there have been times when individual classes have had to cancel .
As always, we expect everyone will use their own judgment when determining whether traveling is a safe choice. Please travel with care!
OLLI at UK in Lexington Contacts Information:
OLLI at UK
University of Kentucky
658 South Limestone
Lexington, KY 40506-0442Outside
Lexington Toll Free: 866-602-5862
Phone in Lexington: 859-257-2658
OLLI National Resource Center Click Here
Osher Foundation Click Here
Spring Registration Materials (Click Here)
Spring Reg Form & Risk Release Only (Click Here)
Open House & Registration
Tuesday, January 15th, 2013
1:00pm - 3:30pm
Tates Creek Christian Church - 3rd Floor Gym
- Preview a selection of classes
- Chat with Instructors
- Meet people with the same interests
- Get to know your OLLI Board Members
- Sign up to get involved with any of our numerous committees
- Refreshments & Door Prizes
Registration tables will be open at 1:00pm
Note: Registration will open by mail as soon as materials are received,
so register ASAP. Classes are filling up faster than ever and we expect a num-ber of classes WILL fill prior to Open House.
Spring 2013 Courses, Events, Special Interest Groups
- Computer & Technology-Digital Photography
- Culture –A Fun Way to Understand Chinese Language and Culture, Music and Composers from the Romantic Era, Verdi & Wagner: Two Great Composers, Two Different Worlds and many more!
- History & Government – Build Your Family History, Kentucky and the Civil War, Turning Points in British History, Great Decisions
- Languages - American Sign Language, Italian, or Spanish
- Literature – Portrait in Words
- Out of the Box - Intermediate Flycasting and Fishing,
- Performing Arts - Actors Theatre, Mountain Dulcimer, OLLI Chorus
- Science and Environment- Archaeology and History of Wine, Beer and Spirits, Gardening the Greener Way
- Special Interest Groups – The International Mystery and Intrigue Book Club, OLLI Service Volunteers: Education Mentor for Fayette County Schools, Collecting the History of Lifelong Learning at UK
- Visual Arts – Oil Painting, Drawing, Watercolor Painting for Extreme Beginners and many more!
- UK Wellness Opportunities for OLLI Scholars
UK Wellness Opportunities for OLLI Scholars
Risk Release must be completed prior to participation for each below. For the risk release form click here.
- OLLI Fitness
- Line Dancing
- Intro to Taoist Tai Chi
- Hatha Yoga Practice
What is an OLLI Special Interest Group?
A Special Interest Group is a group of OLLI Members who have a common interest. Special interest Groups (SIG) get together at a location of their choosing on their own schedule, determine their own content and events, set their own directions, and exist as long as there is interest. Learning can be formal or informal and flexible, including meeting to share experiences. At this time we have 4 interest groups being started. Sign up for those that interest you, information on the first meeting will follow. (Persons must be a current OLLI member to participate, there are no additional fees for SIGs)
- Participation on Committees - Curriculum, Development, Forum, Promotion, Reception & Welcome, Social
- Class Assistant - take roll, assist with handouts, call students, act as liaison, etc.
- Facilitator - lead discussions, may/may not have set content.
- Instructor - teach a course.
Leadership and volunteer roles are flexible. Please contact Diana S. Lockridge