Center for Oral Health Research
Our faculty, residents, staff and students are advancing oral health science through expanding scientific knowledge and applying the latest innovations and patient care in oral health practice.
All research activities within the College of Dentistry form an enterprise under the charge of the Center for Oral Health Research (COHR). Researchers in our college come from all oral health disciplines and levels:
- Full-time research faculty
- Clinical/regular faculty who commit some of their time to research in addition to their existing clinical or teaching duties
- Dental students and residents
- Visiting scientists
These individuals pursue their research thru several different mechanisms.
- Clinical Research Wherever our caregivers are interacting with patients there exists an environment of scientific discovery. The Center for Oral Health Research also maintains a state-of-the art clinical research center on the 3rd floor with fully equipped patient rooms and staffed by a team able to assist an investigator in executing a research proposal.
- Public Service These projects seek to identify and understand the oral health needs of Kentuckians. We have been successful in acquiring funding from government and private entities to pay for researchers and staff salaries, oral care treatment to qualifying patients, and provide preventative care to children in underserved areas across Kentucky.
- Laboratory Labs are located in the Dental Science Building and 1st floor of the Bosomworth Medical Sciences Building. These facilities contain the latest scientific equipment and staffed with research scientists and support staff.
We seek funding from government agencies, foundations, and companies who share our mission and encourage anyone in the College of Dentistry to submit proposals. The resources of the Center for Oral Health Research exist to support all research activities in our college.
Jeffrey Ebersole, PhD
Director of the Center for Oral Health Research
Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies