The Division of Periodontology produces graduates with advanced specialty training in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of periodontal disease, especially for patients who are medically compromised.
Faculty members and residents strive to excel in the tripartite area of teaching, research, and service and to improve the overall health of citizens of Kentucky and beyond. The goals of this program are to:
- Produce dentists knowledgeable in the art and science of Periodontology.
- Produce periodontal specialists who are biologically oriented, technically competent, and socially sensitive and are capable of practicing periodontology at a high level and contributing to the specialty through teaching, research, and service.
- Cultivate faculty who become recognized nationally and internationally through advancing knowledge in the field of Periodontology via research, scholarly activity and service.
- Enhance diversity to increase respect for and tolerance of cultural differences and diversity of opinion through exposure to the international periodontal and implant communities.
- Promote internationalization through international visibility and reputation of the division of Periodontology and the UK College of Dentistry.