Are you interested in the Pediatric Dentistry Program?
Application deadline: September 15 of the year prior to intended enrollment
Starting date: July 1
Application fee: none
Degree/Certification offered: Certificate
Length of program: 24 months
Applicants accepted/year: 4
Ratio of acceptances:applicants: 1:40
The Pediatric Dentistry program participates in the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) and the National Matching Service. The PASS application, along with instructions, is available on their website at www.ADEA.org.
A completed application consists of:
- Completed PASS application
- Official transcripts of pre-professional and professional academic record
- Successful completion of National board Part I and Part II
- A 2x2 inch personal photograph
Your board scores are usually included with your PASS application. If so, an official copy is not required. If your board scores are NOT included with your PASS application, a copy of your board scores should be sent directly to the program. Mailing address for application materials:
Susan Lundin, Clinic Manager
A219 Kentucky Clinic
740 S. Limestone
Lexington, KY 40536-0284
Admissions criteria in order of importance:
- D.M.D. or D.D.S. from an accredited U.S. or Canadian College of Dentistry
- Commitment to Pediatric Dentistry
- Class rank (Recommended minimum rank of applicants is upper 50%)
- Grade point average
- Bachelor's degree
When applying to the program, please keep in mind the following:
Individuals with international dental credentials are not considered.
An interview is required for acceptance.
The program does not give preference to new graduates, private practice experience, UKCD graduates, or Kentucky residents.
First year: $47,411
Second year: $48,893