Are you interested in the Orthodontics program?
Application deadline: September 1, 2013. Materials due to PASS by August 18, 2013.
Application Fee: PASS fees $190 for application to one program, $71 for each additional application. UK Graduate School fees $65 for domestic students, $75 for international students
Degree/Certification offered: Master of Science and certificate in Orthodontics
Length of Program: 34 months
Applicants accepted/year: 2-4
There are two applications required for the Orthodontics program: The College of Dentistry application and the UK Graduate School application. Both applications must be submitted online and are available below.
The College of Dentistry participates in the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS). The PASS application, along with instructions, is available on their website at www.ADEA.org. Our PASS program number is PGM #927. The PASS application process will be available online beginning in May. The following items will need to be completed and returned to PASS:
• Official dental transcript
• Three evaluation forms
• National Board Dental Examination scores
• TOEFL (for all applicants whose native language is not English) minimum score of 550 written, 213 computer based or 79 internet based
• Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (Program Code 1837, Dept Code 0604) for applicants who have not taken NBDE Part I
• MATCH number (obtained at www.natmatch.com/dentres)
All application material will be due to PASS by August 18, 2013 in order to meet our deadline of September 1, 2013. In addition to the requirements of PASS, you must have also earned or be earning a degree from a recognized, accredited dental school and have sufficient financial resources to support yourself during the three years of the Program. No supplemental materials are requested or should be sent directly to the Graduate Program, including transcripts, scores, letters, etc. Everything required for application to the Program should be entered directly into PASS.
UK Graduate School Application:
In order for the application to be considered the Graduate School must have received the application fee ($65 for domestic and $75 for international students). The applicant should not send official transcripts to the Graduate School at this point. Only when admitted to the Orthodontics Program should the applicant provide the Graduate School with official transcripts, and NBDE 1 or NBDE 2 or GRE scores. The UK Graduate School may be contacted at:
Phone: (859) 257-4613
University of Kentucky
106 Gillis Building
Lexington, KY 40506-0033
When applying to the program, please keep in mind the following:
- You must select the correct academic term. The Orthodontic Graduate Program starts in the Fall of the year you plan to enter.
- Please select the correct program of study. The correct program of study for the Orthodontic Graduate Program is Masters-Dentistry-MS(DENT). There is not a specialty selection for Orthodontics.
Tuition for Kentucky residents is $9,864.36 and for non-residents is $20,926. For more detailed information about tuition, financial aid, and expenses, select: