Request an Appointment: 859-323-9707

Applying for Financial Aid

In order to apply for aid at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, follow the steps below:

  1. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Form.  Applying online is the most expedient way to apply for assistance and includes built in "edits" that help filers avoid common mistakes. You must complete the application and list the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry in Step 6. The University of Kentucky's Title IV code is E00587.
  2. Submit the FAFSA form electronically. If you completed a paper FAFSA form, mail it to the national processor using the envelope provided. Do not send it to the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry.
  3. Receive and review Student Aid Report (SAR). Approximately 4 weeks after you have submitted the FAFSA to the processor, you will be sent a Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR arrives in one of three ways. (1) If you provide an e-mail address, whether on a paper FAFSA or an electronic application, you will receive an e-mail with a link to an online SAR that you can access by providing your social security number, date of birth, and first two letters of your last name. (2) If you do not provide an e-mail address and you apply with a paper application you will receive a paper SAR. (3) If you apply electronically and do not provide an e-mail address you will receive a SAR Acknowledgement, which has fewer and less detailed comments than the SAR and which can’t be used for corrections as a SAR can.
  4. You should review all of the information in the SAR. If everything is correct, retain the SAR for your records. If information on the SAR is incorrect, follow the instructions on the Student Aid Report (SAR) page. If you are applying after the semester has started, additional paperwork may be required. Please contact the Financial Aid Office.