Click here for complete information
This course will introduce the amazing world of forensic dentistry. Attendees will learn about the many aspects of forensic dentistry including information about dental-legal issues seen in the practice of dentistry, the role of the dental record in the legal system, signs and symptoms of human abuse seen in the dental office as well as segments on dental identification, bitemarks as evidence in violent crime, mass disaster victim and dental age estimation.
At the conclusion of the program, the participant should be able to:
- Know the 6 areas comprising forensic dentistry.
- Recognize the importance of the dental record in the practice of dentistry.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of human abuse and intimate partner violence seen in the dental office and learn how to report incidents of abuse.
- Understand the process of dental identification and, by extension, how to manage mass disaster victim identification.
- Discover the prevalence of bitemarks in person on person crime and its value as crime scene evidence.
- Review how bitemark evidence is analyzed and compared to potential biters.
- Learn the importance of dental age estimation in establishing legal age and immigration status.