Ted P. Raybould, D.M.D., Professor and Program Director, Kentucky Clinic
John B. Burt, D.M.D., Assistant Professor, Kentucky Clinic
Robert Henry, D.M.D., Associate Professor, VA Medical Center
Ali Miremami , D.M.D., VA Medical Center
Regina Hatfield , D.M.D., VA Medical Center
Eric T. Demann, D.M.D., Associate Professor, Kentucky Clinic
Howard G. Arvin , D.M.D., VA Medical Center
C. Shannon Fraley, D.M.D., Assistant Professor, Kentucky Clinic South
Travis Green, DMD, Associate Professor, VA Medical Center
Charles Rolph, DMD, private practice periodontist
Dr. Andrea Chadwick
Dr. William Feltner
Dr. Courtney Jacocks
Dr. Tina Lefta
Dr. Ryan Peace
Dr. Emily Powell
Dr. Tingting Wu
Overview of Clinical Experiences
• Three off service rotations (one month each) in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, General Anesthesia, and Medicine
• Pediatric Dental Rotation
• Off-site Rotations
• At-home, After Hours Emergency Call Service
• Focus of program management of medically, mentally and physically complex
• Operating Room Experience
• Core Didactics including Conscious Sedation
• Clinical experience in Inhalation, P.O. and I.V. Conscious Sedation.
• Full scope of general dentistry from routine restoration, fixed and removable partial dentures to endodontics, periodontics and minor oral surgical procedures, implant placement and restoration
Percent of Resident's Time Spent:
Didactic Experience 10%
Clinical Experience 85 - 90%
Research 0 - 5%
The combined 52 week UK/VA General Practice Residency in Dentistry is accredited by the Commission of Dental Accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at 312.440.4653 or 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.
Off-site rotations are available including those in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Anesthesia, Pediatric Dentistry, and Medicine, rotation to private practice periodontal clinic.
A stipend is available to General Practice residents. It is established by the University Hospital and is the same for medical residents.
Three UKCD general dentists serve as the full-time attending program faculty. Six additional UKCD faculty and V.A. staff dentists serve as full- and part-time faculty. Numerous other dentists and physicians participate in seminars and fulfill special program roles.
Dental facilities are located in an 11-chair general dentistry clinic in a modern, primary care facility called the Kentucky Clinic situated in the Medical Center and in dental clinics at the two Lexington Veterans Administration Hospitals.
The General Practice Residency program has approximately 12,000 patient visits per year. There are opportunities for both clinical and non-clinical research. While these are limited for first year residents, second year residents are encouraged to become involved in research.